In the last year of the BOND project (2019 – 2020), a key task is related to undertake a Lab Experiment in Moldova. The Lab Experiment is a learning process involving farmers and land manager groups who will participate in capacity building activities and in the design of Action Plans that will lead to the signature of Memorandum of Understanding in different sectors for future cooperation.
In the beginning of the year 2020, ProEntranse, together with the BOND Project partners decided to structure the process in three key events covering the period February to April 2020.
On February 25, 2020, ProEntranse organization, organized the 1st key event focused on Analyse organizational performance and develop an Action Plan. Event #2 and 3 were originally designed under a face-to-face format, to be implemented the 19th March and 10 April 2020.
At the end of February 2020, Republic of Moldova like many other countries closed the borders and restricted all the meetings due to the COVID 19 pandemic, which has spread globally. Due to the COVID 19 crises, the event was cancelled, and a virtual format has been re-designed to be able to implement this activity, in the context of restrictions and sanitary confinement in Europe. The main objectives and foreseen outcomes have been kept, but methodology and format have been completely changed.
Event #2, Emotional and bridging skills, with the following objectives:
- Training about group’s dynamics and the emotional dimension of groups.
- Training about how to design effective bridging strategies.
- To advance in the design of collective action plans to be developed by participants (task initiated in Event #1).
- To advance in the definition of MoUs to be developed by participants (task initiated in Event #1).
Due to the present situation, the training presentations, exercises and exchanges were oriented to examples and challenges emerging from the COVID 19 crises. Several practical sessions were organized to facilitate the experiences exchange between participants related to emotional and conflicts elements emerging in the present situation, as well as collective strategies to deal with the new challenges.
Event 2 was developed using 3 different tools:
1st tool: an on line webinar about the event program and objectives, the methodology, and main introductory concepts.
2nd tool: two videos of 30 minutes length, containing the presentations about the main concepts and ideas related to the different subjects of the training. Mamen Cuellar-Padilla from the University of Cordoba elaborated of the 2 videos, which were translated into Romanian, subtitled and distributed to the participants.
3rd tool: 3 practical on line sessions of 1 hour and a half-length, based on exercises and the application of concrete tools facilitated by local and international experts.
In this order of ideas, until now, 3 on line training sessions have been promoted by ProEntranse, with the support of FAO and Cordoba University:
- May 22, 2020 – Session 1 – Introduction to event 2 program and training objectives. Introduction to groups as complex systems. Group dimensions and dynamics. The emotional dimension as a key element.
- May 23, 2020 – Session 2 – Group dynamics and dimension – practical session.
- May 30, 2020 – Session 3 – Conflicts as a mean to reinforce a group. Tools to incorporate the emotional/conflicts dimension in our groups.
- June 6th, 2020 – Session 4 – The importance to generate synergies in our social context. Tools to design bridging strategies.
- June 12, 2020 – Session 5 – Advancing the Action Plans and the signing of the potential MoUs.
All the participants, at the end of the first and second event, received materials containing tools and key messages that can be used in their subsequent activity.
The event #3 will be organized in September 2020 and will be focused on Cooperative development, dialogue and Lego serious play.
This Project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under Grant Agreement No. 774208.